The 11th Science & Technology Poster Presentation
(BNU-HKBU United International College, 2023)
12th April, 2023 Wednesday
1. Aims and Scope:
The main aim of the Eleventh Science & Technology Poster Presentation (BNU-HKBU United International College, 2023) is to enrich students’ learning experience, promote active engagement, and to relate academic knowledge to research traditions. On a secondary level, it should provide students with opportunities to interact with professionals from academia and industry.
2. Organizing Working Group (in alphabetical order of programme name/unit)
Dr. Ivan Deng (Chair, Assistant Dean of FST)
Dr. Xucheng Meng (Applied Mathematics)
Dr. Alan Lai (Applied Psychology)
Dr. Jefferson Fong (Computer Science and Technology)
Dr. Rui Meng (Data Science)
Dr. Zijian Wang (Environmental Science)
Dr. Tianhao Zhi (Financial Mathematics)
Dr. Ya Wang (Food Science and Technology)
Dr. A.M. Elsawah (Statistics)
Ms. Ailan Lin (FST Office)
3. Date/Time and Venues
The Eleventh Science & Technology Poster Presentation will be held at 1:00-5:00 p.m. on 12th April 2023 (Wednesday) in T4-203, SSAC.
4. Student Participation
Student poster presenters will gain experience of:
Writing an academic abstract
Designing a poster
Presenting a poster
Interacting with industry and academic professionals
Organizing the event (optional)
5. Award & Certificates
As in previous years, outstanding undergraduate presenters will compete for various awards and certificates in the Eleventh Science & Technology Poster Presentation (2023), as follows:
(1) The Certificate of Outstanding Performance: this certificate will be issued to all poster presenters, recognizing their performance in research and project activities, and their contribution to this event.
(2) The Best Poster Award by Programme: this award will go to the best poster from each programme in FST. Currently, there are seven of programs in FST including Applied Psychology, Computer Science and Technology, Data Science, Environmental Science, Financial Mathematics, Food Science and Technology, and Statistics. Furthermore, The Best Supervisor Award by Programme will go to the supervisor whose student(s) win(s) the Best Poster Award by Programme. To this end, seven posters and the corresponding supervisors will receive these programme-based awards.
(3) The Best Poster Award by Faculty (undergraduate): all the posters from the seven programmes are considered for this award at the faculty level. This award is competitive, and only one poster is selected. The Best Supervisor Award by Faculty (undergraduate) will go to the corresponding supervisor.
(4) The Best Poster Award by Faculty (postgraduate): all the posters from research programme students are considered for this award at the division level. This award is competitive, and only one poster is selected. The Best Supervisor Award by Faculty (postgraduate) will go to the corresponding supervisor.
(5) The Student Choice Award: this award will go to the poster which earns the highest number of audience participants’ votes.
Faculty members, not necessarily from FST, and the invited academic and industry professionals will form the Judging Panel that will select the winners of awards in (2). The head judges will select the winners of awards (3) and (4).
6. Poster Selection
The number of poster entries is limited because of time and space availability; thus the number of undergraduate entries from each FST programme is 12 at maximum. Different programmes may use different criteria to select their entries.
7. Audience Participants
All UIC students and faculty members are welcome to attend this poster presentation. We may also extend the invitation to relevant industries, institutions, and official agencies.
8. Production of abstract book
As a lasting memory of this event, an abstract book that contains all the poster abstracts will be produced.